An Introduction to China Love Town Volunteers Association
China Love Town Volunteers Association (CLT) is a non-governmental mutual aid organization that is registered with the Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs. It was begun in 2000 and officially registered on June 9, 2003 with the Municipal Bureau of Kaifeng City. It is a citywide non-profit independent association which people voluntarily join.
During the seven years since CLT was founded, its members have helped a large number of people from many different disadvantaged groups such as: senior citizens in financial need, senior citizens without family, abandoned babies, orphans, financially challenged university students, illiterates, the mentally challenged, the physically disabled (including those who are paralyzed and blind), girls who dropped out of school, AIDS affected orphans, AIDS patients, abused women and laid-off workers. CLT has also conducted trainings for certain government departments as well as university students, sharing their rich experience in volunteer activities with these groups.
CLT has at its foundation the following core principles:
1. Our members are facilitators who contribute from their own limited resources, thus motivating various groups and individuals in the community to find a way to meet the needs of the above mentioned people.
2. We are ultimately driven by the faith of our members, i.e. their love for others.
3. Resources come from the whole society and to the degree possible are generated locally (i.e. from individuals, the government, the media, rural areas, schools, enterprises, other NGOs, and overseas organizations).
4. We are people-oriented, meaning that people are our greatest asset.
5. Meeting the immediate physical need, while important, is not enough; we must also help people know that they are loved and that their spiritual health is equally important.
6. We desire to see compassion spread, meaning that people not only offer help to others, but also have a desire to see more people have faith in love. We believe this to be the fundamental solution to all kinds of social problems.
CLT has been quite successful in the past seven years. It has an excellent reputation in society, especially among those who are disadvantaged. Various local, provincial, and national news agencies have reported its work. In 2006 it was recognized by Henan province as an “excellent NGO” and was the only volunteer organization that gained such an honor among 14,000 NGO’s in the province.
Here is CLT’s address: Room 612, Yin-di Business, 26 Da-liang Road, Kaifeng City,Henan Province, P.R.China. The e-mail is : firstname.lastname@example.org . More information about CLT can be found at its website: www.chinalovetown.com .